Chunk Foods is a Food-Tech Startup changing the meat industry. We develop, manufacture, and market plant-based whole cuts that are delicious, healthy and kind to the environment. We are on a quest to outcompete animal agriculture on price, scale, and efficiency. Our products are minimally processed and use just a handful of healthy, recognizable ingredients to make the food we would like to eat. We are looking for an experienced Director of marketing and communications to join our USA team, based in New York City. This is a dynamic leadership role with a heightened sense of urgency, roll up your sleeve approach. This role will be leading Chunk Brand development, creating a comprehensive marketing and communication plan and executing it across all company initiatives & Channels - including strategic public relations, media relations, Social media and crafting compelling storytelling around the Brand.
- Work closely with the executive team to roadmap strategic marketing initiatives that drive the brand growth.
- Lead and execute growth marketing experiments that leverage out-of-the-box, creative thinking; turn successful experiments into new marketing playbooks and strategies.
- Lead communication and digital presence to support operating plans and strategic efforts, including determination of the most effective dissemination and engagement channels such as social media, PR, content marketing, online media, SEO, print media, direct mail and events.
- Identify business growth opportunities throughout primary markets such as key events, sponsorships, community involvement, and partnerships.
- Interface with 3rd party agencies - consultants, marketing research firms, branding and ad agencies to effectively manage and grow business profitably and commercialization efforts.
- Research, Monitor and flag new trends within the industry to keep our content and strategy competitive & Relevant.
- Plan strategic campaigns (across paid and owned media) - owning creative briefs and media planning and working with relevant stakeholders to help execute.
- Develop and implement sustainability efforts (zero waste, new packaging, etc..), as well as communication strategies around such efforts
- Optimize strategies based on effectiveness of marketing initiatives, insights, and learnings
- Develop successful strategies and campaigns that attract new customers, qualify and nurture leads
- Great outgoing personality
- Execution focused
- Creativity and an eagerness to innovate & think outside of the box
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with goals
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Self-starter but able to take direction as well
- 8-10 years of food service and retail experience
- BA degree in Communications, Marketing, Public relations, Journalism or Similar
- Attention to detail, organization, and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about a healthy lifestyle and the food & beverage industry
The Perfect Candidate Also Has
- Additional scientific education such as chemistry, chemical engineering, biotechnology or materials science
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.