Chunk Foods develops a novel product that combines plant-based ingredients and fermentation to create the most realistic and healthiest whole muscle cut meat analogues in the market.
We are looking for an experienced R&D Food Technologist to join our team.As an R&D Food Technologist, your main focus will be to further develop Chunk’s products for production, improve formulations, conduct sensory and analytical evaluations and work with suppliers and consultants to establish large-scale production capabilities.
- Hands-on development of product formulations
- Use quantitative and qualitative methods to characterize the product’s sensory and nutritional gaps
- Develop a shelf-life extension strategy and define critical parameters
- Prep sample prototypes, manage and conduct consumer/experts sensory tests panels
- Manage relationships with ingredient suppliers, consultants, and flavor companies
- Develop products for scale-up production
- Work in collaboration with the whole R&D team (Biology, Process Engineering)
- Join the team’s effort to characterize and build our pilot plant
- Conduct QA/QC on the production line
- B.Sc. degree in food technology, food science, food engineering, biotechnology, or equivalent
- >1 year of experience in food product development and food process scaleup development
- Good understanding of food systems chemistry and biology
- Ability to work in a scientific environment and quickly interpret scientific data and literature into product ideas and improvements
- Willing and happy to do hands-on work and work long hours
- Experience in production facility operations
The Perfect Candidate Also Has
- Good understanding of food safety, quality assurance, and HACCP
- Additional scientific education such as chemistry, chemical engineering, biotechnology or materials science
- Culinary experience
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.